The Worshipful Company of Glass Sellers of London received its Charter in 1664. Initially founded to regulate the Glass Selling and Pot-Making industries within the City of London, the role of the livery company today is to:
- Maintain cordial relationships within the Company, the City and the wider glass industry
- Stimulate interest in glass in all its aspects
- Carry out charitable works, with special emphasis on education
- Maintain the Company’s traditions, values and customs
- Provide pastoral care for members in distress
- Support the Lord Mayor & the Corporation of the City of London
November 23, 2021
British Glass CEO Dave Dalton said:
“It’s no secret that our industry has faced, and is still going through, some difficult times over the last year which makes it all the more special to be able to welcome everybody back to the Glass Focus Awards to celebrate what we have all achieved together in person.
“We have seen some truly remarkable entries this year, from the incredible innovations that allow our industry to continually evolve and the sustainable actions that drive us forward to our goal of reaching net zero carbon emissions, to the beautiful designs that adorn our buildings and bottles, the unrivalled talent of our workforce and everything in between.
“It’s been a pleasure to welcome everybody back to the awards; we are all extremely proud of the achievements of our industry over the last year and we look forward to building on these in the coming year and beyond.”