The Worshipful Company of Glass Sellers of London received its Charter in 1664. Initially founded to regulate the Glass Selling and Pot-Making industries within the City of London, the role of the livery company today is to:
- Maintain cordial relationships within the Company, the City and the wider glass industry
- Stimulate interest in glass in all its aspects
- Carry out charitable works, with special emphasis on education
- Maintain the Company’s traditions, values and customs
- Provide pastoral care for members in distress
- Support the Lord Mayor & the Corporation of the City of London
October 19, 2021
The shortlist for the annual Glass Focus awards has been announced. The awards, now in their eighth year, will once again celebrate the achievements of the glass industry and its supply chain.
This year we look forward to celebrating with all our winners in person at the black-tie award ceremony on 18 November at the Brooklyn Hotel in Manchester.
Commenting on behalf of the judges, Nick Kirk Technical director at British Glass said; “This year the quality and number of entries has been extraordinary and a real challenge to judge. It has been very encouraging to read and see some great examples of products, techniques, and practices from across the industry.”