The Worshipful Company of Glass Sellers of London received its Charter in 1664. Initially founded to regulate the Glass Selling and Pot-Making industries within the City of London, the role of the livery company today is to:
- Maintain cordial relationships within the Company, the City and the wider glass industry
- Stimulate interest in glass in all its aspects
- Carry out charitable works, with special emphasis on education
- Maintain the Company’s traditions, values and customs
- Provide pastoral care for members in distress
- Support the Lord Mayor & the Corporation of the City of London
October 21, 2020
Join us for the Glencairn Museum’s Virtual Medieval Festival! Demonstrations and classes will be presented all week long on a variety of Medieval topics, every day through Sunday.
Historical Glassworks will be joining in the fun with live glassblowing demonstrations on various Medieval items, including window glass techniques and alchemy equipment on Sunday, October 25th!
You can check out our Livestream right here on our Facebook page, or from Glencairn’s website or YouTube channel.