The Worshipful Company of Glass Sellers of London received its Charter in 1664. Initially founded to regulate the Glass Selling and Pot-Making industries within the City of London, the role of the livery company today is to:
- Maintain cordial relationships within the Company, the City and the wider glass industry
- Stimulate interest in glass in all its aspects
- Carry out charitable works, with special emphasis on education
- Maintain the Company’s traditions, values and customs
- Provide pastoral care for members in distress
- Support the Lord Mayor & the Corporation of the City of London
February 18, 2021
Michael had been an avid supporter of Glass Engravers and had worked with Katharine over many years along with a long list of other Glass Engravers. He had supported the Guild of Glass Engravers as well as the Company’s Charity Fund.
The now launched Annual Lecture will honour his memory and will raise funds for the Glass Sellers Charity. This year’s lecture has raised enough to support more that 3 Glass in Society Projects that run nationwide and enables through a Glass related project the ability for children to learn the ‘Wonders of Glass’.