Talking Prompts (#11) – “The Age of Glass”
Ambassador for Glass … Talking Prompts (#11)
Towards a UN Declaration: International Year of Glass 2022
Category: “The Age of Glass”
This month, potentially by 15 December, we are hoping the UN will ratify a submission promoting an International Year of Glass for 2022 to underline the technological, scientific and economic importance of glass – globally.
Check out this highly inspirational video published as part of the formal submission. It includes many, many excellent examples of the application and benefits of glass today, for example:
- Low-cost spectacles (at 5mins 10 secs)
- Space discovery (6:12)
- Water treatment (9:45)
- Insulation and ‘aerogel’ (10:30)
- Supporting ecosystems in vertical cities (12:06)
- Energy generation (13:17)
- Glass fibre in construction (14:10)
- Internet and communication (14:40)
- Glass in healthcare: ‘bioglass’, wound repair (16:22)
- Glass features with different periodic table elements (19:50)
As the video concludes: one material; a world of possibility.
Thoroughly recommended viewing for all Ambassadors for Glass!